Spicy shrimp served atop creamy coconut polenta for a high protein, gluten-free meal! Perfect for seafood lovers.
Spicy Shrimp with Polenta
- 2 cups uncooked cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk beverage
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined wild-caught Gulf shrimp
- 1 lemon squeeze and zest
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Make the polenta according to the basic directions on package. Once done stir in 1/4 cup coconut milk at a time until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper. Cover and set aside to stay warm.
- Heat oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer over medium-high. Simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and return to a simmer, simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp, lemon squeeze, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are cooked, about 6-8 minutes.
- Divide polenta among four bowls. Top each with shrimp and sauce. Finish with lemon zest and parsley.
Please follow and like us: