Easy vegan Sweet Potato Hummus filled with flavorful spices and topped with pomegranate arils. The perfect healthy, high protein snack!
Vegan Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 large (1Lb) sweet potato, boiled, peeled
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1½ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- salt, to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- water, as needed
- pomegranate seeds, garnish
- fresh parsley, chopped, garnish
- micro-greens, optional for garnish
- pita, crackers and/or veggies
In a large pot add sweet potato and add water to cover. Bring to a simmer and cook sweet potatoes until tender about 30-40minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap the garlic cloves in foil with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and place on the baking sheet to roast for 15-20 minutes or until garlic is deep golden brown.
Once sweet potatoes are done cooking and cool enough to handle peel the skin off.
In a food processor, combine sweet potatoes, roasted peeled garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and sea salt.
With the blade running, drizzle in the olive oil. Add water, as needed, to blend to a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Scoop the hummus into a serving bowl and top with pomegranate seeds, parsley, micro-greens, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with toasted pita, crackers, and/or chopped veggies.