Looking for plant-based alternative to bacon? This flavorful vegan bacon made from shiitake mushrooms will be your new favorite meat-free side or topping!
Shiitake Mushroom Bacon
- 13 oz shiitake bacon, sliced
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 4 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice mushrooms lengthwise.
- In a large bowl mix mushrooms, liquid smoke, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
- Spread evenly on 1-2 baking sheets (using a baking rack if you have).
- Bake until crispy about 15-20 minutes. Mixing half way through.
Please follow and like us: