A raw vegan take on traditional lasagna! Made fully plant-based and gluten-free with fresh, flavorful ingredients.
Raw Vegan Lasagna Stacks
3 medium zucchinis (I like using 8-ball zucchini- if you can find)
4 heirloom tomatoes
Olive oil, for brushing
Sea salt and pepper, for brushing
2 garlic cloves
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
¼ cup raw almonds
2/3 cup olive oil
Large pinch of sea (or kosher) salt
2 cups macadamias, soaked in water overnight
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ lemon zest
½ -1 cup water
Large dash of salt
Fresh oregano, torn for garnish
Fresh basil, torn for garnish
Tomato Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin thin slice zucchini (into rounds), slice the tomatoes slightly thicker than the zucchini. Brush zucchini with the oil, salt, & pepper mix. Season tomatoes with salt. Set aside.
- Make Pesto: in a food processor add garlic, basil and pulse until broken down. Add almonds and salt, pulse slightly. Slowly drizzle olive oil in until incorporated. Set aside
- Make macadamia ricotta: Drain macadamia nuts, place in a food processor and pulse slightly. Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and salt. Run on low until incorporated. Slowly add water in until you reached desired consistency (you want creamy but slightly thin)
- To stack: Spoon a dollop of pesto and ricotta on top of heirloom tomato. Then add zucchini and spoon a dollop of pesto and ricotta. Repeat process until a few layers each (about 4 zucchini per stack). Finish stacks with a large spoonful of tomato sauce on top of each one with fresh oregano and basil.