Healthy vegan pasta topped with a creamy avocado sauce! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and perfect for a healthy weeknight meal.
For the pasta:
1 lb gluten-free shells, elbows, or rotini
For the sauce:
1 (5.3oz) plain unsweetened cashew yogurt (Forager preferred)
1 (2 tbsp.) lemon, juice
1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
2 garlic cloves, peeled trimmed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup cold water
Salt, to taste
Toppings and Veggies:
Olive oil, as needed
1/4 of an onion, thin sliced
3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
5oz (about 4 cups) spinach, chopped
16oz frozen English peas, defrosted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile in a food processor add all ingredients for the sauce except the olive oil and water. Blend until smooth. Then slowly add the oil, then add the water a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan heat up olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add the onions and sun-dried tomatoes cook for about 3-5minutes or until the oil takes on a golden color and the onions are soft. Add spinach and peas and cook until spinach is wilted about 2 minutes.
- Once pasta is done toss in sauce and top off with veggies.