3 cups butternut squash (about 2 small), peeled, de-seeded & small dice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh herb mix of rosemary, thyme, & sage, chopped
1 dry cup farro, cook accordingly to directions on package
3 tablespoons hemp seeds
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
3/4 cup packed baby kale, chopped
To Taste salt & pepper
1 tablespoons 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/2 cup olive oil
To taste salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel, deseed butternut squash & small dice. Place in medium mixing bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, fresh herb mix, salt & pepper. Lay in single layer on baking sheet. Roast for about 15-20 minutes or until tender. Let cool completely.
- Cook farro according to directions on package. Let cool completely.
- To make dressing-Add apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, pinch of salt & pepper in a mason jar (or air tight jar). Shake until blended. Then add oil and shake until completely blended.
- Once farro is cooled, fluff with fork, add to medium mixing bowl, mix in hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, baby kale, season with salt & pepper.
- At time of serving tossed with dressing.
CHEF’S TIPS & TRICKS
- Sweet potatoes would make a great substitute for butternut squash.
- You don’t need a lot of dressing for this recipe. The flavors in the salad alone really stand out. I would make about 1/2 cup worth.