2 cups uncooked cornmeal
1/4 -1 cup coconut milk beverage
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 garlic cloves, sliced thin
1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
2 pounds peeled and deveined wild-caught Gulf shrimp
1 lemon squeeze and zest
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
To taste salt & pepper
- Make the polenta according to the basic directions on package. Once done stir in 1/4 cup coconut milk at a time until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper. Cover and set aside to stay warm.
- Heat oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer over medium-high. Simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and return to a simmer, simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp, lemon squeeze, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are cooked, about 6-8 minutes.
- Divide polenta among four bowls. Top each with shrimp and sauce. Finish with lemon zest and parsley.